Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eat: Blueberry Oat Scones

I finally rallied yesterday afternoon, rolling out of bed and into the shower at 2:36 PM and stepping foot into the kitchen for the first time at 3:01. My productivity was less than stellar, but I felt pretty crappy so I'm going to go ahead and okay the sick day.

I spent the better part of the morning dozing it and out of consciousness, popping Tylenol to kill my fever and Robitussin to suppress the cough, and catching up on my favorite food blogs. It all felt incredibly lazy but by the time I got cleaned up and downstairs I had inspiration for a few yummy meals to get us through the week.

To wrap up the afternoon, though, I swung over to the grocery store to load up on lots of fresh produce and some ingredients to throw together healthy scones for this week's breakfasts.


Partnered with hot tea and bursting with blueberries and just a hint of sweetness, it was probably the most content moment of the day.



1 comment: